AIMS facilities are spread across campus as both a symbolic statement of our role as a partner with all of the divisions of campus as well as providing easy access from many locations. Each AIMS Lab has a different emphasis and hardware configuration.
Room 27 King
- Shared with ULB
- This classroom/lab is used for our IMS 201 and Game classes. It has 25 dual boot iMac workstations with dual monitors and two screens with a 3D-capable projector.
- More detailed information about 27 King
Rooms 29 & 30 King
- Shared with ULB
- These two rooms each house advanced eye-tracking hardware and usability software for state-of-the-art usability research.
- More detailed information about 29 & 30 King
Room 006 Benton
- Owned by CCE
- This Lab has PCs with 20 seats for Unity Pro. The lab is used for courses in Computer Science and IMS.
Games and Learning Lab
- Owned by EHS
- This is a research lab, student workspace, and seminar space for faculty and students in the area of Games and Learning.
Armstrong Videoconferencing Classroom
Room 9 Benton
- Shared with CSA
- This classroom is used for distance-based interaction with clients, guest lecturers, faculty, and students. The room has a multi-camera, multi-screen tandberg videoconferencing system that allows the entire classroom to participate. It also had dual projection on the front and back of the room and business-style furnishings for a professional sense.
- More detailed information about Room 9 Benton
Digital Design Classroom/Lab
Room 200 Hiestand
- Shared with ART
- This classroom is used for AIMS digital design classes. It has 22 dual boot iMac desktops, 3 PCs, and collaboration space.
- More detailed information about Room 200 Hiestand
Huge Immersive Virtual Environment (HIVE)
- Owned by PSY/CSE
- Housed in the gymnasium of Phillips Hall, this is the largest virtual environment in the world. This head-mounted virtual space is used for graduate and faculty research.
- More detailed information about HIVE in Phillips Hall
Motion Capture Lab
- Shared with KNH
- This fixed motion capture lab has Vicon hardware and software for motion capture, biomechanics, and Blade animation software.
- We also have access to a motion capture spandex suit that can capture motion at any location.
- More detailed information about the Motion Capture Lab in Phillips Hall
Rapid Prototyping Lab
Room 54 Engineering
- Shared with MME
- This lab has a number of different pieces of hardware used for rapid prototyping and 3D exploration. The room contains a 3D Printer, 3D Scanner, Laser Cutter, Plasma Cutter, and Prototyping MillHiestand Hall: Classroom/Lab (Shared with MDC and SFA)
- More detailed information about Room 54 Engineering
AIMS Administration Offices
Room 203 Laws Hall
- This is the administrative headquarters for AIMS.
Armstrong 3D Visualization Classroom
Room 2040 Farmer School of Business
- This classroom/lab contains a 16′ x 9′ visualization wall with HD active stereoscopic 3D.
- More detailed information about 2040 FSB
AIMS Videoconference and Meetings Room
3061 Farmer School of Business
- Coming in 2010, specific date unknown.
John Smale Visualization Center
- Wing of Laws Hall with suite of 3D and visualization tools including an immersive virtual reality cube (CAVE-like system), hologram wall, immersa-desk, portable 3D projection system, and more. This space will also house classrooms, offices, and meeting spaces. Coming in January 2011
- More detailed information about the John Smale Visualization Center