Position Title: Social Media Strategist
Location: New York, NY / Chicago, IL / Cincinnati, OH
At the highest level, you must demonstrate passion for all things social media and actively participate in social media activities such as Twitter, blogging, social sharing, trend hunting and analysis. You must be articulate, write comfortably, and have an influential and personable/fun writing style. Ultimately we work really hard, but have fun doing it!
1. Social media strategy and marketing – Leverage consumer insights to assess and recommend cross-channel digital strategies (web, mobile, gaming, search, paid media, etc.) to maximize consumer engagement with the client’s social media properties and profile.
2. Content creation - Write blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and deliver assets for social media channels. Develop and manage editorial calendars and strategic timeframes
3. Outreach- Manage a blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the Client’s company, products and/or service
4. Public relations - Work with client’s PR representative to amplify targeted messaging, events, product releases etc.
5. Customer relations - work with the client and management on customer-relations support—guarantee the response messaging and manage the flow of online feedback (through forums such as GetSatisfaction and SM outlets)
6. Analytics – Monitor, report and analyze social media, present findings internally & externally and evolve social media strategy accordingly in the future…while optimizing resources, managing budgets and driving sales, of course.
7. Trend Hunting- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities (“marketing R&D”). Monitor trends in your market and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media at your company
8. Events and event planning - attend industry events in your city (often outside of 9-5 hours) and work with experiential arm on amplifying programs and events.
- A Google search history and online profile that does not raise any red flags
- Immersion in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, etc.) and trends with an understanding of their design, functionality and users
- Fantastic writing skills
- Sense of humor
- Familiarity with social listening tools like Radian6 and Buzzlogic.
- Juggling ability (metaphorically speaking, though we always enjoy a good sideshow act) combined with high attention to detail and a keen sense of accountability
- Strong project management or organizational skills
- Enjoy networking with others (behind the computer AND in front of it)
- Comfort working in the adult beverage category, as well as with family-focused consumer goods
- Minimum 3 years of digital experience, notably with social networks and platforms, e-mail marketing, and viral campaigns. Agency experience with brand marketing a plus.
- BA/BS, preferably in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
Competitive salary, Medical and Dental coverage options, 401k with company matching, paid holidays, vacation and personal time. Plus, an iPhone and a nifty business card, the likes of which was featured on Media Bistro’s AgencySpy.